The rule of three, law of three, or power of three is a writing principle that suggests that things that come in threes are funnier, more satisfying, or more effective than other numbers of things.
Well, this principle also applies to sports bras. Maybe not the funnier part, but following this simple principle will have your body feeling more satisfied and effective during your exercise. Here's what it means in terms of sports bras:
One on BODY
One in the WASH
One READY to go
BONUS: How to Wash Your Sports Bra
- Brooks recommends hand washing if you have the time, but if you plan to machine wash, it’s best to use the gentle or delicate cycle and be sure to fasten hooks or straps. Even better, place your sports bras into a lingerie wash bag.
- For drying, heat from a machine dryer can take a toll on the fabric so we recommend air drying – or tumble dry on a low temperature.
- For best results, use a gentle, lingerie-friendly detergent. Fabric softeners and dryer sheets can clog the fabric and shorten the life of your bra by limiting its ability to wick sweat and resist odors.
Follow this cycle and you'll be in your way to day-in, day-out comfort. Let's take a look at some of the leading sports bras and which situations they should be worn in.
Brooks Front Runner Racer Sports Bra
This LOW IMPACT style features seamless fabrication and molded cups. Best for A-B cup sizes.
- CONTOURED CUPS enhance support and shape.
- CONVERTIBLE STRAPS provide versatile support and style.
- BOTTOM BAND is soft against skin and stretches for support and comfort.
Brooks Just Right Racer Sports Bra
A seamless silhouette and new pattern, this MEDIUM IMPACT style is just the comfort you want for the gym or an easy day out on the path. Best for A/B cup sizes.
- REMOVABLE CUPS offer shape and modesty options.
- PERFORMANCE FABRIC creates a unique cooling effect.
- SEAMLESS KNIT provides soft, chafe-free comfort.
- ENGINEERED PANELS for enhanced support.
- BOTTOM BAND self-adjusts to give a personalized fit with every wear.
Brooks Uprise and Uplift Sports Bras
These sister bras are MEDIUM IMPACT and are some of our best sellers. We’re digging them in the Cobalt color-way. Uprise is best for A/B cup sizes, while Uplift is best for C/D cup sizes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PERFORATED, CONTOURED CUPS enhance support and provide maximum shape and modesty.
- CROSS-BACK POWERMESH STRAPS made of powermesh offer maximum ventilation.
- DRILAYER ADAPT BOTTOM BAND molds to the body for a personalized fit with every wear.
Brooks Fiona Sports Bra
Updated one-year ago, the Fiona is better than ever and continues to be one of our top selling bras! Though categorized as MEDIUM IMPACT, it can feel like high impact for some! Best for B-DD cup sizes.
- MOLDED CUPS are lightweight with moderate stretch, and maintain a more natural shape.
- FRONT-ADJUSTABLE STRAPS with concealed hook-and-loop closure offer a custom fit on the move.
- HOOK-AND-EYE CLOSURE padded for comfort and adjustability.
Brooks Maia Sports Bra
Often overlooked, the Maia is another strong seller for us due to her size range. Another style with a MEDIUM IMPACT rating, the Maia provides a lot of boosted support and coverage. Best for C-E cup sizes.
- MOLDED CUPS maintain shape and provide light modesty.
- BACK-ADJUSTABLE, GEL-PADDED STRAPS improve fit and enhance comfort.
- UNDERWIRE supports each breast individually.
- ADJUSTABLE, SOFT-PADDED BACK CLOSURE for proper fit and support.
Brooks Women’s Rebound Racer Sports Bra
HIGH IMPACT support is important for your girls. We love the compressive fit of the Rebound Racer, as well as the cute jacquard fabric. Great for B-DD cup sizes.
- DRILAYER® HORSEPOWER FABRIC wicks away moisture and adds support.
- POWERMESH ZONES on back offer increased ventilation.
- FRONT-ADJUSTABLE STRAPS with concealed hook-and-loop closure offer a custom fit.
- PADDED KEYHOLE CLOSURE adjusts for great fit and support.
- DRILAYER® ADAPT BOTTOM BAND molds to the body for a personalized fit.
- ENCAPSULATION/COMPRESSION support blend offers the winning combination for lasting support.
Brooks Women’s Juno Sports Bra
Updated this January, the new silhouette is better than ever. A HIGH IMPACT rating and excellent fit, you can see why this is our #1 style. Best for C-E cup sizes.
- DRILAYER® BURST FABRIC minimizes odors.
- PERFORATED UNICUP DESIGN gives support, shape and modesty.
- INCREASED VENTILATION in key sweat zones.
- UPDATED BACK DESIGN for easier on and off.
- FRONT-ADJUSTABLE STRAPS let you customize fit on the move.
- PADDED BACK CLOSURE for proper fit and support.
Brooks Women’s Embody Sports Bra
One of our most inclusive silhouettes, the Embody is HIGH IMPACT for cup sizes DD, E, F, FF and G in band sizes 32-38.
- UNDERWIRE SUPPORT supports each breast individually.
- PADDED, CONVERTIBLE STRAPS offer standard or cross-back style, plus next-to-skin comfort.
- WIDE BOTTOM BAND adds support and sits smoothly against skin.
Follow the Rule of 3 and stop into one of our Fleet Feet Sports Chicago locations to be fitted for a Brooks sports bra.You can also schedule a time for your bra fitting by visiting our Bra Fit page.