Sprint and Olympic Triathlon Training 2017
We have created a custom, 12-week program that will get you ready for one of the premier races in the world! No matter your experience level, we'll get you ready to perform at your best. Your first triathlon? Our coaches guide you every step of the way. Shooting for a PR? We'll challenge you to reach for the next level! Get motivated, meet great people, have fun and get in terrific condition at the same time! Sign up for our training program before signing for the Chicago Triathlon, and we'll send you a code good for $10 off race fees.
Highlights for 2017!
- Custom, CES triathlon jerseys from 2XU are included into the cost of the program. Custom jersey valued at $90
- AMAZING Race-Day Experience!!! Exclusive CES Start Wave and Transition Racks! HUGE pre & post race team compounds!
- Virtual Training Option — get the coaching and training support even if you can't make the group training! (*some restrictions apply)
Join Today! Registration fills up fast!
Follow the links below to find out about this innovative, fun, successful program!
Limited Space Available
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program is limited to 125 people. Don't miss your chance — register today!
Open House & Custom Tri Apparel Fitting
Want to learn more? Join us at one of our Open Houses — a great opportunity to see what a CES training program is like to be sure this is a right fit for you. Meet our coaches, sponsors and alumni and ask them questions regarding the program. You'll also meet your future teammates. We'll go over the structure of the program, explain the training plan and get you excited for a great season of training and racing with CES. Registration will be available after the meeting. Don't worry — we won't make you swim, bike or run — dress casually and bring your questions. You will also have the opportunity to get fitted for you custom CES Tri jersey. The Open House is FREE for those who RSVP.
Not only do you get to have a fantastic experience, but you also receive great stuff:
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels of triathletes, including first timers!
- Delivered via FREE Training Peaks account
- Weekly e-newsletter with training & program updates
- Weekly Q & A with our coaches at all training sessions
- Coached group training — two times per week
- Custom technical training shirt (GROUP members only)
- $10 discount off Chicago Triathlon Race Fees (not applicable for those already registered)
- Custom, CES Triathlon jersey included in the cost of the program
- Custom Jersey from 2XU, valued at $90 (GROUP & VIRTUAL members)
- Exclusive access to the CES Team Tent at Swim Start and at the finish line on race day!
- Sponsor Benefits:
Discounts/promotions from our exclusive partners:
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Fun, team social activities
- and much more!
Training Days & Locations
Group training sessions are held every Thursday and Saturday, beginning with our first session on Thursday, June 8, 2017 (we'll be running at Fleet Feet Sports, Old Town). Read below for more detail on what happens at those sessions.
Thursdays — 6:30pm
These days alternate between running & swimming workouts. (Biking with a group along the lakefront at night just isn't a smart thing to do!) The focus of these mid-week workouts are on technique, strength & speed. Our coaching staff will be present to help teach, challenge and motivate you!
Saturdays — 7:00am
A variety of training activities take place during our weekend sessions. Some weeks focus exclusively on biking. Other weeks combine bike & run together ("brick" workouts). Several times we put all three sports together to simulate the unique challenges of triathlon. Our coaches will train with you to motivate and answer any concerns or questions that come up along the way.
Where will we meet? Depends on the focus of that day's training session. Here are a few of the key training locations:
- Ohio Street Beach — We swim in Lake Michigan. A lot. There's no better method to prepare for open water swimming than by training in open water!
- UIC Sport & Fitness Center (West Campus) — We'll train here while we're waiting for the lake to warm up. We host our Swim Technique Clinics here on the first and second weekends of training, June 10 & 17.
- Old School Forest Preserve — We travel to the northern suburbs for our longer bike sessions, where the roads are open without a rollerblader in sight. Many team members carpool to the training site, which has bathrooms, water and free parking for your convenience. Occasionally, we also include short "Brick" runs after the rides.
- 31st Street Beach (Chicago Lakefront) — We do some of our "Brick" training sessions from here, riding and running south along the beautiful Lakefront Path.
- Randolph & Lakeshore Drive (near Columbia Yacht Club) — We hold our Race Prep clinic here, as this is the site of the transition area for the Chicago Triathlon.
- Fleet Feet Sports, Old Town — For our "running only" training sessions, we meet at Fleet Feet Sports and head to the Lakefront Path. There will be gear check, bathrooms, changing rooms, and water available before and after these sessions.
Virtual Training Option
Do you live too far away and can't make it to the group workouts? Can't make it to any of the Group training sessions because of conflicts?
Solve this problem with our Virtual Training option and you'll receive daily training schedules and coaching support online (via Training Peaks), access to race day amenities, as well as the weekly email newsletter with coaching tips, race updates and more. The virtual program is a great way to train on your own with virtual support from a helpful team of coaches.
Clinics & Seminars
If you wish to achieve your goals, you need to do more than put in the miles! Our expert coaches and guest speakers present clinics on a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- Triathlon Swim Technique (1.5 hour comprehensive clinic plus follow up)
- Cycling — Skills, Maintenance and Equipment selection and Fit
- Smooth, Fast Transitions — the "Fourth" component of triathlon
- Core & Strength Training
- Injury Prevention & Flexibility with AthletiCo
- Food as Fuel: Sports Nutrition for Triathletes
- Training Tools: GPS, Heart Rate Monitor, Online Tools Training
- Mental Skills for Training & Racing Success
- Comprehensive Race Prep
Our Coaching Staff
CES is proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they go the extra mile to make sure you have an enjoyable and successful training season! Why is it important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to insure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your form & technique
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to unforeseen circumstances
- Motivate and challenge you to accomplish your goals in a smart, safe and effective manner
Click here for more information on our awesome coaches!
How to Register
Online registration is available by clicking the button below:
|Group Training Program:*
|Early Bird Pricing (through April 30)
|Regular Pricing (May 1 and beyond)
|Early Bird Pricing (through April 30)
|Regular Pricing (May 1 and beyond)
*Limited to maximum of 125 participants.
Payment plan is available — simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set it up.
- $100 deposit and 3 monthly payments (includes small processing fee)
Don't like Online Registration Processing Fees? Neither do we, so you won't pay any!
Please note: This program does not include your entry fee to the Chicago Triathlon. It is the athlete's responsibility to register for and pay the race entry.
Good news for new CES participants. Once you participate in ANY CES program, you are a CES alumni for life and save money on future programs!
No refunds are provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program commences. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for additional information.
Sprint and Olympic Triathlon Training 2017 More Info »
Thursday, June 8th
12-week program; locations and times vary
Transamerica Chicago Triathlon
Group Training Program: Early Pricing (Through 4/30) $285 CES Alumni, $299 New Members; Regular Pricing, $295 CES Alumni, $309 New Members; Virtual Program-Training Only: Early Pricing (Through 4/30) , $139 CES Members, $149 New Members; Regular Pricing $149 CES Alumni, $159 New Members;
Chicago Endurance Sports has created a custom, 12-week program that will get you ready for one of the premier races in the world! No matter your experience level, we'll get you ready to perform at your best. Your first triathlon? Our coaches guide you every step of the way. Shooting for a PR? We'll challenge you to reach for the next level! Get motivated, meet great people, have fun and get in terrific condition at the same time! Sign up for our training program before signing for the Chicago Triathlon, and we'll send you a code good for $10 off race fees.